How to use the fume hood in laboratory?
The fume hood must also be used safely when it is used. The following are the steps for proper use of the fume hood.
1. The fully open state of the glass window is allowed only when assembling, debugging internal equipment or cleaning the inner space of the cabinet. This is the "adjustment state.
2. The glass window is opened to the user's elbow (half-open), so that the operator can reach into the cabinet to operate the experiment, and the chest is protected by the glass window safety tempered glass. This is the "normal operation state.
3. Adjust the door to the minimum opening, the operator leaves, so that the experimental program in the cabinet will react or suspend the experiment. This is the "standby state.
4. When the experimenter is conducting the fume hood experiment, the tester should avoid extending the head into the adjustment door to avoid danger.
5. Do not place too many non-essential items and equipment in the fume hood to avoid disturbing the normal flow of air and causing disturbance flow.
6. When the experimental items and equipment are placed in the fume hood, the distance from the inside of the door should be about 150mm to ensure the smooth exhaust.
7. Before the operator finishes working and leaves the fume hood, the power supply of the equipment in the fume hood should be turned off, and all water, electricity and gas switches should be closed, and the adjustment door should be lowered to the lowest position to leave.
8. Although the ventilation cabinets are all imported polymer corrosion-resistant materials, they are long-lasting and new, prolonging the service life. It is necessary to properly clean and maintain. If there are reagents or drugs sprayed, they should be wiped and removed immediately. Before the work is stopped every day, the inside should be wiped clean with water, and the deflector should be removed and cleaned at least once every three months.
9. The cabinet under the fume hood has a ventilation and ventilation function on the left side to place reagents; the right-side single cabinet is a water and gas system storage cabinet. It is strictly forbidden to place any corrosive substances.
10. Each fume hood is equipped with a circuit protection system, and a circuit breaker for the main power supply (with leakage protection) is used to control and protect the fan, damper, lamp and socket. The power socket only provides the 10V220A specification. When the total power consumption of the equipment exceeds 10A, it needs to be designed separately.
11. Each fume hood has a cup slot, which is used for condensed water discharge. The experiment needs to take water and drain the water in the cabinet. It is not for washing. (The space inside the fume hood is limited, so it is sprayed free of water. Splashing, affecting the experiment and even causing danger. Special needs do not match the sink).