How to use the muffle furnace?
The first thing to look at is what type of model is used.
1. The electric furnace does not need special installation, just lay it on the indoor floor or on the bench. The controller should be placed on the workbench with a slope of no more than 5 degrees. The minimum distance of the controller from the electric furnace shall not be less than 0.5 m. The controller should not be placed on the electric furnace to avoid affecting the normal operation of the controller.
2. The load capacity of the power cord, switch and fuse connected to the controller and the electric furnace should be slightly larger than the rated power of the electric furnace. A thermocouple is inserted into the furnace 20-50 mm, and the gap between the hole and the thermocouple is filled with asbestos rope. It is best to use a compensation wire (or an insulated steel core wire) to connect the thermocouple to the control. Pay attention to the positive and negative poles.
3. When wiring, first loosen the screws on the left and right sides of the controller housing, then turn the cover up and connect the power cable as shown. Connection of the controller to the electric furnace and thermocouple connection (preferably using compensation wires). The thermocouple is inserted into the furnace from the small hole of the thermocouple holder, and the gap between the hole and the thermoelectric is blocked by the asbestos rope, and then fixed. (Note: The phase of the power supply is not reversed from the neutral line. For operational safety, both the controller and the electric furnace must be grounded reliably)
4. Check the wiring and power on. First, close the power switch, then pull the toggle switch on the controller panel to the open position, adjust the setting button, and set the temperature to the degree you need. Pull the setting switch to the measuring position, the red light is off (NO), there is also the sound of the contactor, the electric furnace is energized, the ammeter indicates the heating current value, and the temperature rises slowly as the temperature inside the furnace rises, indicating that the work is normal.
When the temperature rises to the set required temperature, the red light is off (NO), the green light is on (YES), the electric furnace is automatically powered off, and the temperature rise is stopped. Later, when the temperature in the furnace drops slightly, the green light is off, the red light is on, and the electric furnace is automatically energized. Repeatedly, the purpose of automatically controlling the temperature inside the furnace is achieved.
5. In order to check whether the breaker protection device works normally, the method is to loosen the thermocouple end. At this time, the temperature measurement indicator rises rapidly to the highest point and the heating power supply is automatically cut off. The breaker device is good, and the thermocouple is reconnected. After that, it works fine.
6. Oven, when the electric furnace is used for the first time or after long-term deactivation, the oven must be carried out.
7. After use, first pull the toggle switch on the control panel to the off position, then turn off the main power switch.
Muffle furnace use precautions
1. When the muffle furnace is used for the first time or after long-term deactivation, it must be oven-dried. The time of the oven should be 200 ° C for four hours at room temperature. 200 ° C to 600 ° C for four hours. When using, the furnace temperature should not exceed the rated temperature to avoid burning the heating elements. It is forbidden to infuse the furnace with various liquids and easily soluble metals. The muffle furnace is best to work below 50 °C below the maximum temperature, at which time the furnace has a long life.
2. The muffle furnace and controller must work in a location where the relative humidity does not exceed 85% and there is no conductive dust, explosive gas or corrosive gas. When a metal material such as grease is required to be heated, a large amount of volatile gas will affect and corrode the surface of the electric heating element to destroy and shorten the life. Therefore, when heating, it should be prevented and sealed in a timely manner or properly opened to eliminate.
3. The muffle controller should be limited to use in the ambient temperature range of 0-40 °C.
4. According to the technical requirements, regularly check whether the wiring of each electric furnace and controller is good, whether there is any stuck stuck phenomenon when the indicator pointer moves, and use the potentiometer to check the instrument due to magnetic steel, demagnetization, wire drawing, and shrapnel. The increase in error caused by fatigue, balance damage, and the like.
5. the thermocouple should not be pulled out at high temperature to prevent the jacket from bursting.
6. Always keep the furnace clean and remove the oxides in the furnace in time.