Ultrasonic flaw detection can potentially be applied to any standard engineering material to find hidden cracks, voids, porosity, inclusion, and similar discontinuities. While most tests involve steel and other structural metals, flaw detectors can also be used on plastics, composites, fiberglass, and ceramics. Some common applications include:
Weld inspection -- by far the most important market for ultrasonic flaw detection
Primary metals -- beams, billets, bars, ingots, forgings, tubular stock
Infrastructure -- bridge beams, bridge pins, railroad rails, metal structures
Petrochemical -- pipelines, tanks, support structures
In-service testing -- railroad wheels and axles, aircraft landing gears and engine mounts, crane booms, drive shafts, tanks and pressure vessels, bolt testing
Manufacturing -- spot welds, braze joints, castings, bond testing
Composites -- aerospace parts, wind turbines, automotive composites, marine fiberglass
1. Full screen display function: make the echo display area cover the whole screen, bringing maximum visual feeling to the work.
2. Mass storage: can store up to 1000 data sets, including waveforms, curves, parameters, etc. (including 1000 channels in the traditional sense)
3. Measuring point: peak value or front edge of echo in valve
4. Echo-echo thickness measurement: Zero calibration is omitted, and the net thickness of the substrate can be directly measured through the coating.
5. Peak memory: real-time envelope displays the highest wave of the defect and records the maximum value of the defect, which is helpful for accurate location and fast scanning of the defect, and can also help to identify the defect by means of envelope waveform.
6. Automatic gain: automatically adjust the gain to the set amplitude height
7. Alarm function: incoming/lost wave alarm
8. Solid waveform display: increase visual contrast of waveform, fast scanning is not missing
9. Real-time clock: automatically recording the date and time of the stored waveform
10. Display freezing: capture waveform and acoustic range data at any time, and move the valve to measure echo parameters after freezing.
11. Defect location: real-time display of sound path S, level X, depth Y and wave height H.
12. Defect quantification: real-time display of dB difference value and SL quantification value
13. Digital suppression: 0-80%, increasing by 1%, without affecting linearity and gain
14. valves a and b: two independent measuring valves to monitor echo, amplitude and acoustic distance
15. DAC, AVG curve function, curve changes with the change of gain, sound path and displacement
16. Distance compensation: Real-time compensation of flaw detection echo according to time-varying gain method to avoid missing small defects
17. Center value calculation: automatically convert the echo height of the defect into the equivalent size of the defect
18. Working languages: Chinese and English operating interfaces
19. Data communication: communicate with the computer through RS232 interface to transmit waveforms and data, so as to realize the management of deep injury results, the generation and printout of flaw detection reports on the computer.